Building Surveys are recommended for older properties; listed buildings; unusual design or construction systems; conversions; significantly extended or altered properties. This extensive report (formerly called Structural Survey), is based on a detailed inspection in as much depth as possible without damaging the building or vendor’s property, or involving any destructive examination.
The report details construction and provides technical advice on problems with recommendations on remedial works. This type of report can be tailored to meet your requirements in the form of a Major defects Report, which will concentrate on areas of concern that you may have with the property.
A Building Survey (formerly known as a Structural Survey) is a comprehensive inspection and report carried out by Ian Vicary, a fully qualified and experienced member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). It provides a full picture of the construction and condition. It is an in depth report that examines all aspects of the property, including:
- Detailed description of the structure and main components,
- Diagnosis and details of significant defects and remedial options,
- Details of suspected significant defects with advice for investigation and repair,
- Points for your legal adviser to check,
- Other relevant considerations concerning safety, locality, environmental considerations,
- Colour photos of defects to illustrate shortcomings,
- Additional services can be organised such as testing of services, further intrusive investigations, and a valuation.